- The Thomasville Christmas Parade will be Monday, Nov 26. All children, Pre-K 4 and up (including youth) are invited to join us on the GCBC children’s float. We are #67 of 95. Please find us on Clay St between Broad and Young by 6:00 PM. We will be on the left hand side of the road. Please pick your child up at the Health Department as soon as the parade is over. If you have any questions, please call Sheilah Smith 200-6866 or Lindsay Clay 224-0481.
- The RAs will begin the Lottie Moon “Penny Parade” Dec 2. Be prepared to make lots of noise with your pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. All proceeds will go to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
- Awana needs your help supplying items for the Awana store on December 16. Please help by bringing small toys (pencils, notepads, cars, trucks, etc). A collection box will be in the Fellowship Hall and inside the Youth Room. This is a way of rewarding the children for participating in special activities in Awana.
- There will be no Awanas this Sunday (Nov 25).
- “Memories of Christmas: Seasonal Food for the Body & Soul” – Sunday, Dec 16 at 10 am in the Fellowship Hall.
- Choir practice for the Christmas program will be on Sunday afternoons at 4:30 and Wednesday nights at 7:30 in the sanctuary.
- The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering goal is $2,012.12. Watch for the Christmas tree lights to progress to fully lit as our goal is reached!
- Christmas Post Office – The GAs will be operating the Christmas Post Office again this year. Christmas card bags will be out beginning Dec 2. The cost to “mail” your greetings is 20¢ a card. All proceeds will go to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. If you or someone you know does not have a bag, please let Sheilah or Lindsay know and we will rectify the problem.
- Safe Haven – The Senior Adults are collecting items to donate to Safe Haven. These items will be sold to Suncoast Textile Recycling for a per pound profit. Suncoast gives the clothing to war torn countries to clothe the needy victims. The items needed are shoes, clothes, (in wearable condition), purses, hats, sheets, magazines, etc. A complete list is on the bulletin board in the Fellowship Hall, along with a collection box. For more information, contact Anne Ring.
- Christmas Poinsettias – In order to raise money for the Miami Mission Trip in June, the Mission Team is selling poinsettias to be placed in the church for the Christmas Season. If you would like to purchase one for $15 in memory or honor of a loved one, please sign the sheet on the bulletin board in the Fellowship Hall, call the church office, or see one of the team members (the Clays, Conners, Lanes, or Smiths). Make checks payable to Gatlin Creek with Miami Missions noted on the memo line.
- Disaster Relief – The Georgia and Southern Baptist Conventions are asking for monetary donations to help with disaster relief efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. You can make donations directly through the GBC Disaster Relief Ministry Webpage (www.gabaptist.org). You can also make checks payable to Gatlin Creek Baptist Church with Disaster relief noted in the memo line.
- Flowers were placed in the sanctuary by Josephine Williams in memory of Tommy Williams.
- Senior Adult Christmas Dinner – Dec 8 at 6 pm at the Market Diner Restaurant.
- 40’s Sunday School Class Christmas party – Saturday, Dec 8 at 6 pm at the home of Bruce & Karen Coffee.
- Women’s Ministry Events:
- Dec 8 – Breakfast fellowship at Another Broken Egg in Bradfordville – meet at church by 8:30 am to car pool or at the restaurant at 9 am.
- Dec 16 -$74/reserved seating – due for registration fee for the Extraordinary Women’s Conference in Pensacola, FL – (Please remember this is the early registration fee; the fee goes up after Dec 28). Event is Apr 19 & 20, 2013. Please see Lisa Duncan or Dana Rollins.
- Dec 20 – Christmas Party – Ornament Exchange, 6:30 pm at the home of Dana Rollins.
- This week (Nov 25): Volunteers needed
- Next week (Dec 2): Jackie Horton, Lauren Skinner, Richie and Jennifer Marsh
If you have any information for the bulletin, please call or e-mail the church office no later than Wednesday of each week.
Leave a Reply