- Church clean-up – Saturday, Nov. 10 at 9:00 am.
- A 40 hour prayer vigil for our upcoming election will begin at 4:00 pm on Friday, Nov. 2. Please sign-up on the chart on the bulletin board in the Fellowship Hall. If you would like to sign-up with a partner – especially for the overnight hours, please feel free to do so.
- 40 Days of Prayer: This week’s booklet is available in the vestibule.
- GBC Disaster Relief Training: Feb. 9, 2013 – First Baptist Church in Cairo. Registration deadline Feb. 1, 2013
- AWANA Store will be Dec. 16. This is a way of rewarding the children for participating in special activities in AWANA. We will be collecting small toys (pencils, notepads, cars, trucks, etc). A collection box will be in the fellowship hall and inside the youth room.
- Our Children’s Ministry will participate in the Thomasville Christmas Parade on Monday, Nov. 26. If you or your child are interested in joining us, please contact Morgan Bass, Lindsay Clay, Chad Smith or Sheilah Smith.
- We are still collecting coats and shoes for Circle C. Donations can be placed in the box in the youth room. Monetary donations are being accepted as well. See Cat Conner or Brian Allensworth for more information.
- Youth Bible Study – 10 Who Changed the World – Chapter 4, Lottie Moon.
- A Trip to Fun Station is planned for Nov. 17.
- Holiday Heritage Festival — Friday, Nov. 16, 11 a.m. to 5 pm at the Baptist College of Florida Heritage Village. There is no cost for this event. Registration ends Oct. 31
- Deck the Halls – Westville, GA. Dec. 3, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There will be several holiday workshops going on. There is an entrance fee of $10 per person. Reservations need to be made by Nov. 15.
- For more information on either of these events, please see Mrs. Ann Ring.
Operation Christmas Child
- It’s time to begin collecting and filling shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. National Collection Week is Nov. 12 – 19. Forms are available online at samaritanspurse.org/occ. Packed boxes can be placed on the table in the Fellowship Hall. If you would like to donate items to pack boxes, these can be placed in a box in the fellowship hall or in the youth room. Empty Shoe Boxes are also needed. Contact Morgan Bass or the church office for more information.
Opportunities for Ministry
- This week: Debra Tryan, Glenda Adams, Beverly Clay, Cali Hicks
- Next week: Andrew and Annais Rollins, Bill and Norma Gerber
- October: Chad and Sheilah Smith, Rebecca Kent, Stephen Atkinson
- November: Chris and Morgan Bass, Karen Coffee, Maddie Richards
- Needs: 41,274.08
- Receipts: 37,085.61
- Deficit: 4,188.47
If you have any information for the bulletin, please call 229-225-1154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday of each week.