- The flowers in the sanctuary today were given by Paul and Raye Strickland in celebration of their 21st anniversary.
- You can preview Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University tonight at 5:30 in the Senior Adults SS room! Classes will begin on the 30th from 5-7pm. Childcare will be provided during class. Contact Chris Bass if you have any questions.
- Prayer and Prayer Walking Conference will be January 28th-29th. The conference will be led by Randy Sprinkle.
- The Experiencing God Class will begin Sunday, February 6th at 5:30pm. Please see Mr. Bret Bush if you have any questions.
- Radical Youth Bible Study will continue tonight, 6pm at the Hughes Home.
- We are looking for parents who are willing to become a support team for the Children’s Program and serve only one month a quarter. If interested please make a note on your connection card and place it in the offering plate.
- There will be a Planning Committee meeting today, at 4pm.
- Men’s Fellowship will be Thursday, January 27th!
9 Benefits of Failing– by David Horner in A Practical Guide for Life and Ministry
- Failure destroys all false notions of self-sufficiency, self-reliance and self righteousness.
- Failure alerts us to weaknesses that need strengthening.
- Failure demonstrates our need for growth and deeper roots of faith.
- Failure builds endurance and ability to stand firm.
- Failure promotes humility and persistence in prayer.
- Failure develops a genuine appreciation for grace.
- Failure reinforces the value of character over reputation.
- Failure opens our eyes and hearts to empathize with others who have failed
- Failure communicates our humanity, opening the door for more intimate ministry
Leave a Reply